Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

sunhat

anschutz 1918

Post by sunhat »

How to fix tube to anschutz 1918!
laxratnd

hey

Post by laxratnd »

You might want to give us more information, and ive never herd of a ans 1918 do you mean a 1913.

lax
Jordan F.

Post by Jordan F. »

Lax,

I didn't think there was a 1918 either but a quick search revealed that it was their new model.

Having said that I think a little more info would be needed to fix the problem, sunhat!
laxratnd

hey

Post by laxratnd »

I see there is a 1918 stock, but looks to me its just a 1913, or a 20 series action in the new 1918 stock. For the money i think a mec, G&e or gemini stock is a better stock.

lax
Barney

Post by Barney »

You are correct laxratnd, the 1918 is just Anschutz's new stock. There are two models, one for the 14 to 19 series round action and one for the 20 series square action.

As for the tube sunhat, you need to get one for what ever series barrel you have or measure the end of the barrel for a custom fit. If you are going to buy the 1918 as a complete rifle, it will basically be a 19 or 20 series barrel.

As for the stock, I dont think its much of an improvement on there old one. I totally agree that the G&E, Mec or Gemini stocks are far better, even the FWB one would be a better choice as an Anschutz round action will fit in it. You would also be able to have it machined out for a 20 series as I know someone who but a blieker into one and the action size is about the same size.
sunhat

Re: anschutz 1918

Post by sunhat »

sunhat wrote:How to fix tube to anschutz 1918!

Correction Anschutz 1813 .
sunhat

Post by sunhat »

Barney wrote:You are correct laxratnd, the 1918 is just Anschutz's new stock. There are two models, one for the 14 to 19 series round action and one for the 20 series square action.

As for the tube sunhat, you need to get one for what ever series barrel you have or measure the end of the barrel for a custom fit. If you are going to buy the 1918 as a complete rifle, it will basically be a 19 or 20 series barrel.

As for the stock, I dont think its much of an improvement on there old one. I totally agree that the G&E, Mec or Gemini stocks are far better, even the FWB one would be a better choice as an Anschutz round action will fit in it. You would also be able to have it machined out for a 20 series as I know someone who but a blieker into one and the action size is about the same size.
Thank you for the valuable information