co2 bulk filling basics

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
melchloboo

co2 bulk filling basics

Post by melchloboo »

Maybe I've lived a sheltered life...but if I decided to go with a co2 air pistol, how does one go about getting a bulk fill tank and refills, and what are the costs associated?
COTuTu

Post by COTuTu »

Depends where you are.

In Australia you can't own and refill your own CO2 cycliners any longer - unlike air cyclinders - who knows why!

I rent my cylinder (6 Kg DE TYPE with long syphon) from BOC Gasses but any industrial gas supplier will rent them. My cylinder has a quarterley rental of about $30 and my last change-over has lasted me well over a year. I think a change-over was about $22. 6000grams CO2 with 22 grams per fill adds up to 270 fills. Say 120 shots per fill = 32700 shots on this cylinder so I have a few years ahead of me!
luftskytter

Post by luftskytter »

Second hand / discarded CO2 fire extingushers!
If you're lucky, this is for free.
5 kgs is a common size.
Most have siphon tube and the correct thread size.
ColinC

Post by ColinC »

We've got laws in this land which prohibit you doing such a thing.
Ever wondered why the fire extinguisher was disgarded in the first place?
luftskytter

Post by luftskytter »

"Land of the free"?

We're not talking about refilling here, just putting old stuff to good use before you dump it. Of course you gotta find one......
But what's the legal difference from buying a new fire extinguisher (cost appr. 100 £) and using it for bulkfilling CO2 guns?