TOZ 35 Problem

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
MIshooter

TOZ 35 Problem

Post by MIshooter »

When I load and close the action, it looks like the firing pin is not catching the sear. I can see this with the grips removed. The trigger does catch when I depress the lever and does "click" when the trigger is pulled. I have backed out the sear adjustment screw all of the way and removed it. The sear won't catch most of the time but does every ones or so in a dozen tries. I have cleaned it with a solvent and still same problem. Last time out I shot it and had no issues, cleaned the bore and put it away. Now it does this. Any ideas where to look next?

Gun was a CDNN purchase and has maybe 200 rounds through it with no issues. Gun looked new and unfired when I got it.

Thanks
Ed
toznerd

Post by toznerd »

Ed,

For a little clarification, could you dry-fire the set trigger before you removed the engagement screw? Or is it the case that operating the falling block lever does not cock the firing pin? (This would be evident by the loading lever always feeling like there is tension on it, whether in the forward/open position, or the rearward/closed position.)

If the firing pin is cocking and holding, then I would check the trigger weight screw. It needs some tension in order to hold the accelerator back. Return the engagenment screw and add a half turn to the weight screw. Check to see if the accelerator catches. Try it again. Once you get it to catch, set the sear engagement, and then back off of the weight until you are either satisfied or the accelerator fails to catch again.

If the firing pin is not cocking, then check the L-shaped flat torsion spring that allows the firing pin lever to hold back the firing pin. You could also check the firing pin and firing pin lever, to make sure that the engaging surfaces have not worn, or are out of dimension from improper manufacture.

I have also seen cases were grips were changed, modified, or simpley moved, which created a situation where the arming lever could not travel far enough forward to allow the firing pin lever to catch.

Good luck and keep us posted,

toznerd
Rover

Post by Rover »

TOZNERD:

Perhaps you have a line on TOZ parts and repairs?
MIshooter

Problem Fixed

Post by MIshooter »

Toznerd
Thanks for the suggestions. Seems a glob (technical term) of grease/preservative found its way into the sear area under the block and gummed up the works. Removed it and all is well again with the TOZ.

Thanks!

Post by Guest »

Rover wrote:TOZNERD:

Perhaps you have a line on TOZ parts and repairs?
Unfortunately, no line on parts; just a milling machine and lathe in my workshop. Of course, I could always break out the mill bastard und hacksaw, if I wanted to replicate a more authentic fit and finish.

toznerd
MIshooter

Post by MIshooter »

I believe Larry's Guns in Maine has some spare parts for the TOZ 35