Options for .32

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
6string

Post by 6string »

I know of one competitor/gunsmith who has built a number of 1911s for CF in 30 luger. It is a straightforward conversion using a 9mm 1911. Just refit a new barrel and recoil spring. It can be loaded light and works well out to 50 meters using cast bullets. Very reliable feeding due to the bottleneck shape. The only downside is the need for standard steel dies, as opposed to carbide, for reloading.
James Way

Post by James Way »

6string, were these .30 luger guns for NRA Bullseye? When you mentioned they were 1911 models, I figured they must be, but I didn't think .30 caliber was legal there.

.32 ACP is also called 7.65 mm in metric countries, just like .30 luger. Is that why it is legal for NRA Bullseye? If so it is a strange rule. 7.65 mm = .301, so why not say .30 caliber (7.62 mm) is legal?

This question is probably more appropriate for the Bullseye forum, but the previous post made me wonder about this issue. Anyone know the answer?
GOVTMODEL

Post by GOVTMODEL »

James Way wrote: .32 ACP is also called 7.65 mm in metric countries, just like .30 luger. Is that why it is legal for NRA Bullseye? If so it is a strange rule. 7.65 mm = .301, so why not say .30 caliber (7.62 mm) is legal?

This question is probably more appropriate for the Bullseye forum, but the previous post made me wonder about this issue. Anyone know the answer?
From the current NRA Conventional Pistol Rule 3.2:
3.2 Any Center Fire Pistol or Revolver - Center-fire pistols (single shot or semiautomatic) or revolvers of .32 caliber or larger (including 7.65 mm and .45 caliber pistols and revolvers);...

So, Yes, it's legal.