Your shooting Accomplishments

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

jsealc21

Post by jsealc21 »

as a MUCH younger fellow,I had an accidental discharge , and MISSED MY FOOT by inches !!
Freepistol

Post by Freepistol »

Rutty wrote:Went to Bisley for the the first time in 1962 as an ATC cadet and came away with a Cadets Hundred Badge:

Still proud of it.

Rutty
Really cool, Rutty!

Post by Guest »

Chipmunk headshot at 10m with my IZH-46M air pistol. I figure that's about 9 ring size so i'm pretty happy.
david alaways

Happy

Post by david alaways »

you where happy! what about the chipmunk?

Post by Guest »

2002 USA Nationals ... I improved my personal best in AP by something like 13 points on Day 2. Shot a 555, if I recall correctly ... by putting everything together ... including Letting It Happen without trying to Make It Happen. I even survived a couple of 6's. On Day 1 I had to take my LP-300 trigger assembly partly apart shortly after the match started when it started to misfire.
Nick_Burman

Post by Nick_Burman »

3rd place overall in the Sao Paulo State Championship, Air Rifle, if this is anything worth bragging about...

Cheers NB
Mako

Post by Mako »

weird ... I thought I was logged in ... but it shows Guest instead of Mako for my Reply above?
Hemmers

Post by Hemmers »

Making it to the Bobs Final 2008. And placing 4th :D (Highest D-Class score).

For non-Brit readers, that's the class final of the "Earl Roberts" British Smallbore Prone Championship.
(5 classes - X, A, B, C, D. Classes B, C & D shooters are eligible for the Bobs)
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5 ... =286104174
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5 ... =286104174
Mike M.

Post by Mike M. »

7th place in the original Kuchenreuter (percussion duelling pistol) match at the 2008 World Muzzle-Loading Championships.
2650 Plus

Post Subject

Post by 2650 Plus »

I once shot a waterbird at 125 yards . The 38 special turned the bird over in the water. The bird righted itself and started flying. It got up about four feet and was making good headway. I held about 30 feet out in front of the flying bird and fired my second shot. Perhaps it was lightening that hit the bird but it folded up and fell back into the water. There were no witnesses so you will just have to take my word for this incident. Good Shooting Bill Horton
david alaways

waterbird

Post by david alaways »

You were happy!What about the waterbird? (whats a waterbird?)
2650 Plus

post subject

Post by 2650 Plus »

David, I think it was a comorant, but I am a shooter not a bird watcher so that just my best guess. Good Shooting Bill Horton. The shot was made with a 38 wad cutter. Bill Horton
Anschutz

Post by Anschutz »

I think the general question was target shooting accomplishments not what type of shot someone made to kill something, just think it's sending the wrong impression out to the anti gun fraternity , after all it is a target shooting site. Colin
david alaways

waterbird

Post by david alaways »

it was a good shot,( shooting the bird) Mine was just a shot at HUMOR! Did I miss? I could tell u about the last thing I killed! Im not anti hunting! I sell Labordors! In Highschool a bunch of guys went out to r old dump. Shooting mostly old bottles, Or whatever moved (Rabbit, mice ,tweedy birds, lizards) I spotted a lizard doing push ups on top of a big fieldstone. (rule #1 you see it first u get first shot) Sick of seeing EVERYTHING dying I yelled big lizard is mine! Took aim with my 22 right below the lizard ( Im going to shoot low, miss, thus saving the lizards life) It was a good shot 3 inches below the lizard, guess what happened?........................................... Soft lead hits hard rock both turn into very small pieces THE LIZARD EVAPORATED! Everyone knew I did not want to kill that lizard! Laughing errupted! "everyone was happy, but the Lizard" It was a good shot! what can I say?
Freepistol

Re: waterbird

Post by Freepistol »

david alaways wrote:it was a good shot,( shooting the bird) Mine was just a shot at HUMOR! Did I miss? I could tell u about the last thing I killed! Im not anti hunting! I sell Labordors! In Highschool a bunch of guys went out to r old dump. Shooting mostly old bottles, Or whatever moved (Rabbit, mice ,tweedy birds, lizards) I spotted a lizard doing push ups on top of a big fieldstone. (rule #1 you see it first u get first shot) Sick of seeing EVERYTHING dying I yelled big lizard is mine! Took aim with my 22 right below the lizard ( Im going to shoot low, miss, thus saving the lizards life) It was a good shot 3 inches below the lizard, guess what happened?........................................... Soft lead hits hard rock both turn into very small pieces THE LIZARD EVAPORATED! Everyone knew I did not want to kill that lizard! Laughing errupted! "everyone was happy, but the Lizard" It was a good shot! what can I say?
David,
That reminds me of the good old days at the Nescopeck, PA dump. I learned trigger control there shooting rats with a .22 rifle.
One of the first times I went there my Dad had me shoot at a light bulb. I shot it right through the center without breaking the rest of the bulb. It sure surprised everyone.
I have regular accomplishments that I am proud of that I will post at a later date, but I wanted to post this one since Dave brought back some good memories. Thanks, Dave!
Ben
jhmartin

Could never do it again......

Post by jhmartin »

Out at a range with a real high berm.
Had my M9 .... we had been practicing B27 targets at 50 yds.

Pop can at the bottom of the berm .... who can hit it?

1st shot I sent it up the berm ..... as it tumbled down, and still moving ...
2nd shot .... back up the berm .... as it tumbled down, and still moving

at 5 shots I stopped as it occured to me it was better to quit while all were still impressed
(including myself! .... just one of those days you can't miss)

Would have been even cooler w/ my 45LC ..... ;-)