How Hot.....

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

Richard H wrote: Most of these things come about in small steps, it's way easier to take people's freedom away from them in small doses, just as they do in the US, using the phrase "these are reasonable".
You're right. And it is worse for us older folks, who can remember the way things 'used to be'.
higginsdj

Post by higginsdj »

Thats an interesting point. Its seems to have got to the point that some people view it as Taboo to discuss such things in the open lest, presumably, the powers to be take a dim view and apply further restrictions......

Post by Guest »

This is an interesting subject to me because I will be attending the World Master's Games in Sidney, in Oct. 2009. The shooting events will be over several days, and I assume that there will be a secure firearm storage facility at the match location.

But I am also planning on doing some touring whilst in Australia, so I am looking to find a way to store the guns securely and legally while doing this. Of course, I still need to get the required permits to enter the country with these evil guns, but after all, the Aussies held Olympic and World Cups shooting competitions, so this must be manageable.

I did the WMG in Edmonton in 2005, and I must say that the Canadian requirements for entry and transport of weapons were easily complied with. They allowed us aliens to get our paperwork done mostly by fax and telephone.

Best Regards,
Slo cat
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

Anonymous wrote:This is an interesting subject to me because I will be attending the World Master's Games in Sidney, in Oct. 2009. The shooting events will be over several days, and I assume that there will be a secure firearm storage facility at the match location.

But I am also planning on doing some touring whilst in Australia, so I am looking to find a way to store the guns securely and legally while doing this. Of course, I still need to get the required permits to enter the country with these evil guns, but after all, the Aussies held Olympic and World Cups shooting competitions, so this must be manageable.

I did the WMG in Edmonton in 2005, and I must say that the Canadian requirements for entry and transport of weapons were easily complied with. They allowed us aliens to get our paperwork done mostly by fax and telephone.

Best Regards,
Slo cat
Getting firearms into, and back out from Australia for a competition is about 'average' on the international scene - certainly no harder than for us to get firearms into the USA.
At this stage I have had no part in any discussions with the WMG organisers about firearms import/re-export, but expect that they will set up a processing programme
- hint: use the WMG process as a/ it will work, and b/ any hitches quickly can be worked out through official channels (much better than Joe Citizen fronting Customs and trying to explain a missing bit of paperwork)

The venue (SISC range) has armoury facilities.

Spencer
Muffo

Post by Muffo »

Fred Mannis wrote:
Muffo wrote:In WA you have to have it bolted/chained to the car and i think you have to apply for a permit to enter the state with them
I do feel sorry for you folks. And I give you credit for persevering. If I lived in that situation, I would likely have found another hobby.
Once you have your license the rest is easy. I had so much crap to get it i got rejected a heap of times for bull s**t reasons, like they lost my finger prints. then after i finally got my probationary license, when it was time to get my full license, some one in the department put hold this license on my forms but didnt right why or who wrote it. because of this they couldnt issue my license untill they found out why so in the mean time i had become unlicensed.