free pistol match in so. california at Prado range,Chino

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
jsealc21

free pistol match in so. california at Prado range,Chino

Post by jsealc21 »

tomorrow , Sunday , Black Mountain shooting club is holding a match,at 1 p.m. Bring all those pistols out of retirement,and let them earn their keep !!!! It will be a 25 yd reduced target match. SEE YOU THERE !!!
the Euclid exit off the 71,go east,1st road on the left....any questions,call me at 909-262-6476
Noel

Post by Noel »

It was just me and two other guys, neither of whom was you, Jonathan! What's up with that?

Anyway, looks like times are a bit tough for Black Mountain. Apparently they had a bit of a falling out with Prado management over the air pistol hall, and things kind of fell apart after that. Sounds like they may try to send out some emails and get things a bit more active. Despite what's posted on USA Shooting, they will be meeting on the first Sunday in January, probably in the morning rather than the afternoon.

Will keep folks posted if/when I learn anything more.
jsealc21

Post by jsealc21 »

Noel wrote:It was just me and two other guys, neither of whom was you, Jonathan! What's up with that? Noel,Was on the way and got waylaid by a falling tree (on my property)...big OOPS !!! P.S. was Greg Knutzen there ? I tried to call but no reply

Anyway, looks like times are a bit tough for Black Mountain. Apparently they had a bit of a falling out with Prado management over the air pistol hall, and things kind of fell apart after that. Sounds like they may try to send out some emails and get things a bit more active. Despite what's posted on USA Shooting, they will be meeting on the first Sunday in January, probably in the morning rather than the afternoon.

Will keep folks posted if/when I learn anything more.
Noel

Post by Noel »

Yes, it was Greg and a gentleman named Leon, who's last name escaped me. Nice fellows. Hopefully I'll get to meet you next month, if the trees allow!
jsealc21

Post by jsealc21 »

perhaps someone who is computer literate ( not me !!! ) could create some kind of california " mail list " to keep all the FP shooters together ??
Noel

Post by Noel »

That's what, like six guys? Shouldn't be too hard...
jsealc21

Post by jsealc21 »

I have come across people who have purchased or are shooting free pistols here in Socal,but have not shot a match. The other factor is to show the wanna-be swat twits that run the Prado range,that they had better welcome ALL shooters,esp. the younger ones i.e. airpistol ,so there is another generation to follow.They allowed the air pistol range to be dismantled for the "wedding chapel" gang,the .22 benchrest shooters were afforded no "respect",and the 50m range is now full of junk,so FP is at 25 meters. So there is a pattern here.
john bickar

Post by john bickar »

Sorry, this is a bit late, but the California State Free Pistol Championships are this coming Sunday at the Palo Alto Rod & Gun Club in Redwood City, Ca.

Match Program
paw080

Post by paw080 »

jsealc21 wrote:I have come across people who have purchased or are shooting free pistols here in Socal,but have not shot a match. The other factor is to show the wanna-be swat twits that run the Prado range,that they had better welcome ALL shooters,esp. the younger ones i.e. airpistol ,so there is another generation to follow.They allowed the air pistol range to be dismantled for the "wedding chapel" gang,the .22 benchrest shooters were afforded no "respect",and the 50m range is now full of junk,so FP is at 25 meters. So there is a pattern here.
Hello Jonathon, It's me, Tony Gallegos. I have ordered a Morini 84E from
Neal Stepp about 4 months ago. When and if it ever arrives, I'll be shooting
with you guys as often as possible. If we ever get our airgun hall back in
service, I'll be there too. I'll checkout the 50 meter running target range
this Sunday. CASA is having an FT shoot and Christmas Pot Luck.
Tony
jsealc21

Post by jsealc21 »

Tony,good to hear from you again...keep an eye on this forum,and we'll post the next match date.If anyone wants to shoot ,I have a spare Toz you are welcome to use,( while waiting for your Morini,for example !! )
Freepistol

Post by Freepistol »

I always thought CA was a hotbed of International Pistol shooters judging by the number of matches held there, especially in the mid 90s.
It sounds like you are few in numbers out there, too.
Ben
Noel

Post by Noel »

It took about 15 years before I came to my senses and got a free pistol. In all that time going to various California indoor and outdoor ranges, shooting rifles and pistols, plinking, competing in action events, and just generally loafing around and burning powder, I saw a grand total of two free pistol shooters.

If this is a hotbed, I'd hate to see what the other places look like!
Noel

Post by Noel »

Last minute update: 50 meter match at 1 PM. And of course I'm sick today...

Apparently there is to be some discussion of the match schedule for this year. Hopefully we will end up with a good turnout and an active year.