Arc of movement in 10 circle

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
ForceAwakens

Arc of movement in 10 circle

Post by ForceAwakens »

Any idea how long it takes to get the minimum arc of movement in the 10 circle? Do we need to do any specific holding exercises for it? I generally perform 20-25 second holds for 30-40times as part of holding exercises. My current arc of movement is in the 8-9 circle, depending on the day. Pls do share your experiences. It looks like an extremely elusive target to me. This is for 10m AP
Going through a year long series of training, wrist-pain, injury break cycle. Finally started working with a physio. Seeing some positive results - so a step in the right direction. This will help get it in the 9 circle in a few weeks. But need to do better
Regards,
Santosh

“Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.” — Yoda
Rover

Re: Arc of movement in 10 circle

Post by Rover »

Have you tried vodka therapy?
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

ForceAwakens wrote:Any idea how long it takes to get the minimum arc of movement in the 10 circle?
IMHO very few AP athletes will ever achieve this.
ForceAwakens

Post by ForceAwakens »

Rover wrote:Have you tried vodka therapy?
not yet, I heard it has meditative effects :-)
Regards,
Santosh

“Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.” — Yoda
SamEEE

Post by SamEEE »

There are two arcs of movement. You can consider these as one angular, and the other parallel to the axis of the origin in three(or is it four?) - dimensional space. We can probably disregard quantum field theory in this case, so 3D space.
Angular errors come from things like wrist movements or trigger release movements whereas the parallel errors come from things like sway, bob, weave, etc.

In my experience the angular errors cause me way more grief than parallel ones. You shouldn't be training to the point of an injury, either; in my experience that is not a good idea.

Practice by dry-firing. It is quite boring, unless your approach it in a philosophically safe manner -- that is with the goal of growth. You could read Warren Potter's guide on the subject:
http://www.pilkguns.com/c3-shtml/

As Confucius said: "Get good, kid."
Image Image
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

If you can afford one, an electronic trainer is a huge help. It will not only show you exactly how big your wobble is, but WHEN it is least wobbly. It also makes dry firing a lot more interesting...
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

Patience young grasshopper, in time you will learn...
Rover

Post by Rover »

I've watched Zurek training on a machine....unreal! Obviously, it's triggering you need to be concerned with.