Opinions on Match Guns MGH1 mechanical.

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
shaky hands

Re: Opinions on Match Guns MGH1 mechanical.

Post by shaky hands »

I said as "part of," not "every time." I like to conclude my regular practice with holding exercises when I am tired enough. In my view the gun is the best weight, since this is what you ultimately want to hold. However, holding a gun without pressing the trigger promotes chicken finger. Thus my desire to have an option of not having to cock it every time.
therider

Post by therider »

Then it's either Morini or Morini!
:-)
shaky hands

Post by shaky hands »

Or to wait until Pardini comes up with an electronic trigger?
therider

Post by therider »

No way. I drove to Toscana last summer. They told me tha Giampiero has sworn never again to build an electronic trigger!
william

Post by william »

Or buy the Matchguns MGH1 hybrid.

http://matchguns.com/en/mgh1-hybrid
therider

Post by therider »

As I said I love my MGH1 hybrid and never had the slightest problem. But you guys in U.S. , quite rightly, are concerned about getting spare parts.
Matchguns should promise a quick delivery.... Next time I drive to Parma for a grip fitting I will suggest them to offer at least such a fast delivery.
shaky hands

Post by shaky hands »

therider wrote:No other alternative to Italian (and Italian Swiss) technology.
I remember back in the '90s when I lived in Europe and still watched Formula 1, when another Ferrari engine behind Alesi, Berger, or Schumacher burned during a race, we would sigh and mutter in disgust, "Italian quality," and then watch competitors cruise to the finish line.
therider

Post by therider »

Mm it seems you have shaky memory too!
:-)
It seems that you have forgotten that till little while ago serious cars and motorbikes were only Italians!
You should watch a BBC program they broadcasted a few weeks ago about Sir Stirling Moss. He stubbornly wanted to win with a British car and as a result he nearly ruined his career ... Then the father , who was a wealthy dentist got fed up and took him to Milan and bought him a Maserati as the only serious alternative to Ferrari.
shaky hands

Post by shaky hands »

I am afraid I know more about Stirling Moss than BBC does, and my memory is good enough to remind me that Moss won only a handful of races in his several years with Maserati and no world championships. He won many more races after departure from Maserati, with British cars Cooper and Lotus, though never a WC. And all that happened about 40 years prior to the events I refer to. By the way, in the only race Ferrari won in '94-'95 years the car was not able to complete a parade lap (admittedly, it wasn't for the engine failure). But don't worry, Ferrari upped its game in the late '90-early '00.
Attachments
_48022017_canada1995_512.jpg
_48022017_canada1995_512.jpg (38.14 KiB) Viewed 2447 times
therider

Post by therider »

The problem is bloody Fiat... They have destroyed everything.... Thanks god they are now in Detroid trying to do what they have done with Alfa Romeo with Crysler.... :-)

Fortunately Lamborghini and Ducati are now in Germans' hands!
j-team

Post by j-team »

therider wrote: 1) ask all those who have advised you to buy a Steyr about the recoil absorber which continuously blocks , giving you an inconsistent behaviour!
I sold my Steyr LP10E to a very good shooter who regularly shoots 388/400 (whereas I regularly shoot only 366). I asked him and he said that he regularly needs to open the pistol clean and oil the adsorbed to reduce the number of times it blocks!
Perhaps you might check with Steyr, but I think that the absorber should run dry. If he is oiling it, then that most likely causing the problems.
therider

Post by therider »

I've never done myself....am not sure if the guy who bought the pistol told me that he cleans or that he cleans and oils it....but professional shooters do that all the time or get that done
rmca

Post by rmca »

From the LP10 manual

11 CLEANING AND CARE
During normal shooting the pistol is maintenance-free and need not be
greased. However, it is advisable to slightly grease the two O-rings in
the loading port and the O-ring at the threaded adaptor socket for the
propellant cylinder with a special lubricant (acid-free silicone grease)
every 1000 shots. This will increase the service life of the O-rings.

In addition, it is recommended to wipe the pistol with a soft cloth after
use. The visible metal parts may be slightly oiled from time to time with
a good gun oil. To clean the barrel shoot some dry (not greased) felt
pellets through the barrel.

Since the stabilizer isn't a visible metal part, I would (and did) leave it dry.
Never had a problem with mine, and I check it at least once a year.

Hope this helps
flolo

Post by flolo »

@zanemoseley:
Despite the stabilizer/no stabilizer thing, i would first of all consider your handsize in choosing a pistol: the steyr is a better fit for large hands because of its large frame, whereas the "Italians" are also suitable for smaller hands. Check the grip manufacturers on which size you need, if it's xxs to medium, chances are you wont get happy with an lp10
shaky hands

Post by shaky hands »

If that were true, why would small women be shooting Steyrs? Elena Kostevich the 2004 Olympic champion and also the reigning European champion seems to be quite happy with her LP10.
therider

Post by therider »

rmca wrote:
Since the stabilizer isn't a visible metal part, I would (and did) leave it dry.
Never had a problem with mine, and I check it at least once a year.

Hope this helps
No, as far as I have understood from the conversation with the guy who bought my pistol, it is a random process. Sometimes it blocks and sometimes it works! So you never know unless you are Jin Jongho, if the pistol recoils because of you or because of the adsorber, it would be nice if it would simply block, but it doesn't.
And I heard similar descriptions from other good shooters.
Silvershooter

Post by Silvershooter »

I have heard that it occurs with the electronic version due to static being generated.
therider

Post by therider »

No, one guy in my club has it with the mechanical too.
Do we need to be afraid of electric shock too?? Ahahah
Silvershooter

Post by Silvershooter »

Do we need to be afraid of electric shock too?? Ahahah
It prevents the shooter from falling asleep.
flolo

Post by flolo »

[quote]
If that were true, why would small women be shooting Steyrs? Elena Kostevich the 2004 Olympic champion and also the reigning European champion seems to be quite happy with her LP10.[/quote]

you shouldn't compare professionals to beginners. i've seen people score between 385-390 in the Bundesliga with lent pistols , as their own had a problem. so, if you're world-class it seems that it doesnt matter anyway... but i'll ask Olena at the wc in munich at the end of this month.

BUT: if you're buying your first pistol, i would put my attention to the best anatomical fit and overall feel, as there's still enough time to become a gearslut like most of us here