The air consumption of the Steyr LP10

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
dronning

Re: The air consumption of the Steyr LP10

Post by dronning »

northpaw wrote:It has been a pleasure to be able to encourage owners of LP 10s. Owners sleepless at night cause they are worrying about their LP10, is my gun leaking or not? Most often not, cause the short mileage is simply a feature of that gun.

Hope my efforts here have helped some.
Sleepless at night... worrying about their LP10! You are hilarious!
Certified Safety Instructor: Rifle & Pistol
They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
~ Ben Franklin
j-team

Post by j-team »

northpaw wrote:It has been a pleasure to be able to encourage owners of LP 10s. Owners sleepless at night cause they are worrying about their LP10, is my gun leaking or not? Most often not, cause the short mileage is simply a feature of that gun.

Hope my efforts here have helped some.
I see you've edited the topic as well. It started as "How to turn off absorber totally, Steyr LP10"
northpaw

Post by northpaw »

Steyr had better bring out aircylinders of some larger inernal volume, say 15 % more. Then the chot count, at the factory-recommended velocity of 155 - 160 m/s, would do for a 60 shot match and sighters. And then no reason to worry about change in point of impact near the end of a match.
Leon

Post by Leon »

Strangely enough, my LP10E cylinders provide more shots per fill than my LP10 did.....
northpaw

Post by northpaw »

That may prove not to be so strange..
My educated guess is the pellet velocty of your E-verion is just slightly lower than same for the nonelectric version.
Firing over a chrono may confirm that.
Air consumption plotted versus pellet velocity will not reveal a linear trend. The relation is more likely exponential. A minor change in pellet velocity setting may change air consumption markedly.