ERRANT NINE O'ClOCK HITS?

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

mr alexander

ERRANT NINE O'ClOCK HITS?

Post by mr alexander »

383883a267ac6ffa520fddd0508ec1ca.jpg
The following seems to be happening to me more often than not lately. After shooting the first 5 shot string in either Timed or Rapid Fire,

I will peek through my spotting scope in order to observe and check my progress. All of the hits are in the X and Ten Rings. After the second

string is fired, two hits just barely made it into the 9 Ring. Both of them are at the far, nine o'clock location. The other three are in the center

of the bullseye. According to the guide above, "Too much or too little trigger finger" is the cause of those two errant hits. How can this be? I do

believe that this is not a case of inconsistent trigger finger placement. When positioned on the trigger prior to the start of the string, my finger

seems to be staying in the same spot. If this is true, then what is causing those stray impacts? Did the size of my wobble area suddenly increase

during the string? What else might be causing this to happen? Do note that I am right handed. Thank you!
JamesH

Re: ERRANT NINE O'ClOCK HITS?

Post by JamesH »

Pretty well everyone does this in timed fire in all matches.
I believe it comes down to how you use your trigger finger
Pulling the trigger directly backwards is a complex movement for multiple joints - which are operated my multiple overlapping muscles and tendons - it takes willpower to do this.
Slapping the trigger to the left is not nearly as difficult, anyone can do this with ease.

What you can do.

Get your grip right - most grips are wrong - the thumb should point at the target, not off to the left.

Set your finger on the trigger correctly.

Focus on pulling the trigger directly backwards - imagine you're pulling the foresight straight back to your eye.

Hire someone to stand behind you and give you a mild tazing each time you pull a 9 o'clock 9