Matchguns mg1 opinions

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Akitaki

Matchguns mg1 opinions

Post by Akitaki »

Hi everybody,
I'm new here and happy to have found one of the very few forums where you can discuss olympic shooting, not many around, don't know why. Also sorry in advance for my bad grammar, english is not my native language.

That said here's the question...
I started shooting 10 m air pistol a couple of months ago and I'm using an "old" fas 6004. Since I would like to start competing a bit I thought about buying a new gun, a second hand one since they cost a ton, and I have found a matchguns mg1 (not mgh1) for around 600€.
I have heard opposite opinions about the brand, do some of you shoot with one? The electronic trigger is the only difference compared to the newest mgh1? How old could it be since I can't find any info about it...

Thanks!
SamEEE

Re: Matchguns mg1 opinions

Post by SamEEE »

Hello. They are okay, depends if you like it and can shoot it well as much as anything. Tools can be inspiring, or ruinously frustrating. Both examples I have seen had cracks across the top of the frame between the barrel mounting grub screws, although this didn't seem to have an appreciable effect on the performance but I would look for this. One had it's ball bearing detent for the action, press fit, pop-out and it needed to be staked back in - no big deal really.

The MG-1 didn't offer a great advantage over competitors in a reasonably tight market space, so they came and went. Depends what you like, so suggest you try a few more as well and see if your budget might stretch a little further.

Have fun!
Image Image
Akitaki

Re: Matchguns mg1 opinions

Post by Akitaki »

Thanks!