Hammerli/Walther FP60 Stick Trigger Blade

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
BobGee

Hammerli/Walther FP60 Stick Trigger Blade

Post by BobGee »

Does anyone know of a source of aftermarket flat trigger blades to replace the stick trigger on the Hammerli/Walther FP60 pistols? I’ve done a search on TT but could not find anything.

At first I liked the concept of the stick/O-ring set-up but, as I mentioned in a previous post on stick triggers (one of which was developed as a spinning cylinder), this set-up, if not sufficiently far back that you can get the pad of your first phalange squarely across the trigger leaves you sometimes unknowingly pushing the trigger a bit sideways which significantly increases the apparently-off weight, not to mention what it does to shot placement.

As it stands, with the standard factory grip, it has two things wrong with it: 1) the stick cannot be brought back far enough for a normal, large hand like mine (which measures 93mm across the palm) and 2) does not extend down enough for my trigger finger’s natural position.

I have bodged up a trigger blade to replace the factory version with a flat blade (see photo - can't upload - which also shows the factory original, bent as far back as I dare without snapping it – even then, not far enough), but I would like something similar to the Morini CM-84E blade – very light.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/142557671 ... ed-public/

My alternative it to buy a horrendously expensive Rink grip which is much less meaty than the original. I’m not into carving my own grips

I noticed in one YouTube video that Jin Jong-oh had had to bend his Hammerli trigger back like mine.

Bob

Edited spelling of "Rink"
Last edited by BobGee on Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
joel

Re: Hammerli/Walther FP60 Stick Trigger Blade

Post by joel »

There used to be a guy that made 3d printed triggers. There was some discussion I remembered for a Steyr AP. Perhaps there is some info here:

viewtopic.php?t=37160

Cheers,

Joel
6string

Post by 6string »

My understanding of the FP60 is that the internal parts, including the set trigger mechanism, are the same as the older Hämmerli 160 made in Switzerland.
If so, maybe you get a 160 trigger blade?

Best Regards,
Jim
Ricardo

Post by Ricardo »

I have an FP 60 and have put a Steyr "rifle-style" trigger blade on it, from my vintage LP10 -the older models had a trigger now seen on Pilkguns as an adjustable trigger shoe: http://www.pilkguns.com/store/Adjustabl ... -p84798368 Works great, for $90.00. I prefer the stick thingy and went through a lot of trouble getting a second one as a backup.
BobGee

Post by BobGee »

Thanks for your thoughts guys. The Pilkguns trigger looks interesting. Unfortunately the Hammerli 160 trigger blade is attached differently. All the options put the trigger too far forward for me. I’ll either have to take a Dremel to my grip or get the Rink.

I’ll persevere with my home made trigger for a while and see how I go.

Thanks again.

Bob
gimgim

Post by gimgim »

> My alternative it to buy a horrendously expensive Rink grip which is much less meaty than the original. I’m not into carving my own grips

If you are in the US, you don't pay VAT, which makes the Ring grips about $300. If your grips are stock or not too modified, you can probably make $150 or more selling here or on Ebay. Compared to the option of a $90 trigger shoe, I don't think Rink is an horrendously expensive alternative.

(Disclaimer: I have tried carving my own and after wasting time and money ended up buying Rinks for both a Toz and an IZH, both near perfect, so my opinion is definitely biased)